This is a trading system that is widely shared on FX Trader community forums. It is a simple trading system using the Heiken Ashi candlestick chart and two exponential moving averages (EMA).
The HAMA method involves using the EMA 10 and EMA 20 in combination with the Heiken Ashi candlestick chart. According to the trading method described in the video, you can use different parameters for the EMA pairs, such as:
- EMA 9 + EMA 18
- EMA 7 + EMA 14
- EMA 10 + EMA 20
- EMA 10 + EMA 25
First, you need to add the two EMA indicators and the Heiken Ashi indicator to your chart. Then, you can follow the configuration steps of the HAMA trading system.
- Buy when EMA 10 crosses above EMA 20 and the Heiken Ashi candle is bullish.
- Sell when EMA 10 crosses below EMA 20 and the Heiken Ashi candle is bearish.
– Enter only one trade at a time.
– Set the stop loss below/above the low/high of the Heiken Ashi candle for the trade.
– Take profit with a risk-to-reward ratio of 1:2.
– Alternatively, close the trade in the following cases:
- Close a Buy trade when the Heiken Ashi candle turns bearish and crosses below MA10.
- Close a Sell trade when the Heiken Ashi candle turns bullish and crosses above MA10.
– You can use a Trailing Stop if desired (this configuration does not use a Trailing Stop).
Set the Volume, SL/TP.
Due to the requirement of setting the stop loss based on the Heiken Ashi candle, it is necessary to set the Volume Buy/Sell separately.
The stop loss for a Buy trade is the highest price of the Heiken Ashi candle.
The stop loss for a Sell trade is the lowest price of the Heiken Ashi candle.
Set the closing conditions.
Set the Open Trade and Risk Management.
Leave the remaining parameters and options as default.
Since it’s a Single Shot system, only use the Standard Action.